CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Food Lion transaction

Last night I did my bi-weekly grocery shopping.

I purchased 37 items.

Subtotal was $108.86.
I saved $8.76 on sale items with my MVP card.
I tendered $17.61 in coupons.
Total out of pocket was $82.50.


The best deals I got were:
  • Buy one, get one free - Kraft Easy Mac cups. They were on sale for $1. So I got 2 for $1.
  • Pillsbury Brownies rang up for $1.86/each. I purchased 2 and used a $1/2 coupon. Then further down on my receipt it says "SC Pills fdg bro 1.72-" So I believe I got both boxes for $1.00.
  • Eastern Peaches were on sale for $0.99/lb. That's over half off. I loaded up and I'll make a peach cobbler this weekend for Father's Day.
The only things I purchased that weren't on sale or I didn't have a coupon for were:
  • Spiral notebook for the husband
  • Food Lion brand shredded Italian cheese
  • Food Lion brand bacon
  • Peter Pan peanut butter
  • Little Debbie Swiss Rolls
  • Blue Bonnet butter
I am determined to one day make a grocery trip and buy everything on sale or with a coupon. It's my latest goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment