CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Food Lion Transaction: 6/29/09

It was bi-weekly grocery time!

I purchased 43 items last night. A few items were splurges like $2 for 4th of July sparklers and Ben & Jerry's ice cream (and they were on sale and I had a coupon!!) And I also had to purchase fresh produce since we were completely out. I picked up some peaches, grapes, bananas, limes, and strawberries and used my $2 off of $5+ produce purchase coupon.

Subtotal was $127.13
less $10.55 in coupons
less $33.47 in MVP savings
For a grand total of $83.11 out of pocket which breaks down to $1.93/item
According to my (not-so-good) math calculations, I saved 34.63%!

My favorite deals include:
  • All 2x laundry detergent that is on BOGOF sale and I had a $1/2 coupon which brought my total to $4.40 for both bottles (or $2.20 per bottle). The regular price is $5.40 each.
  • Bob Evans sausage that was marked down to $1.99 because of the sell-by date. I paired it with a $0.25 coupon for a grand total of $1.74. Regular price is $3.99
  • Mama Lucia meatballs (found in the freezer section) are BOGOF which comes to $6.49/2 or $3.25 each.
  • Food Lion bacon is on sale for 2/$5 (regular price is 2/$5.78) and I had a $1 coupon. So each pack cost me $2.
  • Ben & Jerry's ice cream is on sale for 2/$6 (regular 2/$8.38) and I had a $1 coupon.
Here is a meal idea: I picked up some chili sauce and grape jelly to make sweet and sour meatballs. For dinner tonight, I will use the chili sauce ($2.12), the grape jelly ($1.88), and one bag of meatballs ($3.25) then I will serve it over rice (unknown cost, already had in stock) with a side of green beans ($0.69) . This comes out to a cost of about $2.65 per person plus I know there will be leftovers for my lunch tomorrow.

I blew my target budget of $50 but I purchased a lot of things I didn't intend to purchase originally such as the meatballs, jelly, chili sauce, sparklers, Crunch N Munch (per hubby's request), pretzels (per daughter's request), cookies (hubby's request), and muffins (my guilty pleasure).

All in all, a great trip.

1 comment:

  1. I will have to tally up my Food Lion from last night for you. I think it was something like total would of been $110-$120(had some rainchecks so I will have to figure out the normal price) and paid like $50 or $55. (bad memory) A lot of that was the 10 cases of diet wild cherry pepsi I got since it was 4/$11 and get #5 free so it was $2.20 a case.

    ReplyDelete