I purchased 43 items last night. A few items were splurges like $2 for 4th of July sparklers and Ben & Jerry's ice cream (and they were on sale and I had a coupon!!) And I also had to purchase fresh produce since we were completely out. I picked up some peaches, grapes, bananas, limes, and strawberries and used my $2 off of $5+ produce purchase coupon.
Subtotal was $127.13
less $10.55 in coupons
less $33.47 in MVP savings
For a grand total of $83.11 out of pocket which breaks down to $1.93/item
According to my (not-so-good) math calculations, I saved 34.63%!
My favorite deals include:
- All 2x laundry detergent that is on BOGOF sale and I had a $1/2 coupon which brought my total to $4.40 for both bottles (or $2.20 per bottle). The regular price is $5.40 each.
- Bob Evans sausage that was marked down to $1.99 because of the sell-by date. I paired it with a $0.25 coupon for a grand total of $1.74. Regular price is $3.99
- Mama Lucia meatballs (found in the freezer section) are BOGOF which comes to $6.49/2 or $3.25 each.
- Food Lion bacon is on sale for 2/$5 (regular price is 2/$5.78) and I had a $1 coupon. So each pack cost me $2.
- Ben & Jerry's ice cream is on sale for 2/$6 (regular 2/$8.38) and I had a $1 coupon.
I blew my target budget of $50 but I purchased a lot of things I didn't intend to purchase originally such as the meatballs, jelly, chili sauce, sparklers, Crunch N Munch (per hubby's request), pretzels (per daughter's request), cookies (hubby's request), and muffins (my guilty pleasure).
All in all, a great trip.