CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, May 4, 2009

Food Lion Transaction - 5/3/09

With the help of The Grocery Game (if you sign up, use me as your referral - shelley_hall@comcast.net), coupons, and my trusty Food Lion weekly circular I saved a buttload of money yesterday. Early Sunday morning I logged onto The Grocery Game and printed my list of items I needed, went digging through my coupons, printed online coupons, and checked out the weekly circular. Then I made my list of things we needed. With my list, my coupons, and my MVP card, I went shopping.

I purchased 83 items. Only TWO items we not on sale or I didn't have coupons for them. Those two items were milk and bananas. (I must stock up on bananas, my daughter eats at least 2 a day.) Even my meats were marked down! Their sell by dates were coming up, so they were discounted. I'm OK with buying meat like that because I take it home and freeze it anyway. It's not like I'm letting it sit in the fridge for another week or so before I use it. So here's the breakdown:

83 items purchased
MVP savings: $42.40
Coupons tendered: $56.63
Total out of pocket: $146.89

So if I am calculating right, I saved about 40% buying MVP sale items and using my coupons.

The lady in line behind me was totally blown away. Totally impressed with me and even "bowed down" to me. It felt awesome. My husband was even impressed when I got home and told him about my savings. I told him he's not allowed to make fun of my coupon notebook anymore.

Here are my favorite Food Lion deals:

Buy One Get One Free-
  • Nature's Pride Wheat Bread
  • Thomas's Original English Muffins
  • Ocean Potion Sunscreen
  • Hefty Foam Plates
  • 5lb bags of Russet potatoes
  • Pepsi 12 packs
  • Mazola Oil
My favorite deal-
McCormick Grillmate seasoning packet - on sale for $0.69, use the $0.50 off coupon from the 5/3/09 Red Plum insert and get it for only $0.19!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment